Milwaukee Astronomical Society Observatories
The MAS observatory was first established in 1936 with a small roll off shed on a hilltop in New Berlin.
Construction of the first observatory building and dome was started the
following year. Over the decades that followed, the observatory has grown into a quality research facility. Today, CCD equipment allows observers to make state of the art observations. All of the buildings and domes along with most of the telescopes were built by the members. The members also provide the labor for maintaining the equipment on the hill. The observatory is funded by the membership dues and donations.
The observatory is open for public viewing on specific nights. On the remaining nights it is available for the enjoyment of our members.